Workers in office buildings may be at risk for exposure to the virus that causes COVID-19. Office building employers, building owners and managers, and building operations specialists can take steps to create a safe and healthy workplace and protect workers and clients.
Last week, the CDC issued new recommendations for office spaces:
- Inspect ventilation systems to ensure they operate properly
- Increase circulation of outdoor air as much as possible
- Check for hazards associated with prolonged facility shutdown
- Conduct a thorough hazard assessment of the workplace to identify potential workplace hazards that could increase risks for COVID-19 transmission.
- Develop hazard controls using the hierarchy of controls to reduce transmission among workers.
Click Here For The CDC’S COVID-19 Employer Information for Office Buildings as well as resources, such as:
- CDC’s COVID-19 General Business FAQs
- CDC’s FREE, simple posters available to download and print, some of which are translated into different languages.
- NIOSH COVID-19 Workplace Safety and Health Topic