COVID-19 Vaccine Resources:
- LA Dept. of Health’s COVID-19 Vaccine: What You Need to Know Flyer
- LCMC’s What to Expect When You Get the COVID Vaccine and After
- LCMC’s Coronavirus Updates
- Ochsner’s COVID-19 Vaccine FAQ’s
General LiveWell Jefferson Resources:
- Well-Ahead Louisiana, Find and Become a Wellspot
- Louisiana Worksite Wellness Toolkit and Resource Guide
- American Heart Association
- Physical Activity in the Workplace: A Guide for Employers
A brief overview of nine evidence-based strategies that employers can take to help employees increase physical activity levels. One to two paragraphs describe each strategy.
- Small Worksites Can Make Big Improvements to Employee Health: Heart Healthy Employees Keep Your Business on Track
This one-page document discusses the costs of cardiovascular disease to employers and provides strategies businesses can implement in the workplace to improve the health of their workers.
- Total Worker Health: A New Model for Well-Being at Work
This 6-page brief describes the Total Worker Health (TWH) model, where work is considered a social determinant of health. Additionally, this brief describes how TWH activities can potentially improve health and well-being and provides suggestions on strategies that can be implemented. This brief includes considerations for small businesses interested in implementing TWH activities and offers additional resources to learn more about the TWH model.
- Total Worker Health One-Pager
This one-page document describes the Total Worker Health model and the benefits of its strategies.
- Sleep: An Important Health and Safety Concern at Work
This sleep brief will give you strategies to encourage your employees to get more and better sleep through evidence-based workplace health programs.
- Program Measurement and Evaluation Guide: Core Metrics for Employee Health Management
The goal of this collaborative project and the Guide is to provide standard measures for the assessment of employee health management. This project does not seek to be prescriptive about the types of programs offered to an employee population. Rather, the recommended metrics can be applied to any program intended to improve the health of a population.
- Participant Engagement and the Use of Incentives: Considerations
This resource strives to identify and offer insight into the various questions that surround the creation and utilization of incentives. The intent of this information is to inform and offer evidence-based guidance on a variety of incentive-related topics.
- American Red Cross Ready Rating
Ready Rating is a program that helps businesses, schools and organizations become prepared for disasters and other emergencies. All in one place, Ready Rating members have access to one-of-a-kind tools, resources and information for evaluating and improving their ability to withstand disaster, maintain operations, and protect lives and property. Whether you are taking your first steps or have a fully-functioning emergency management program, the Ready Rating program can help you achieve a higher level of preparedness.
The Summit Library
Our 2020 LiveWell Jefferson Worksite Wellness speakers have provided the resources below. These tools complement their presentations and build upon the discussions from Summit Week 2020. We hope these help you create and/or enhance effective worksite wellness programs for your business.
- General Info From Our Experts:
- Worksite Wellness 101
- Office Workouts
- Gotcha Covered HR Answers Your COVID-19 Business Questions
- The Benefits Of Workplace Health Programs
- The Role Managers Play In Shaping Employee Well-Being
- 50 Employee Wellness Program Examples For Any Budget
- What Is an Employee Assistance Program? | The Business Benefit of Employee Assistance Programs
- SHRM – Resources
- Daily Mindfulness
- Making Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion a Part of Your Corporate Wellness Program
- Including Mental Health in Your Employee Wellness Program
- Center for Workplace – Mental Health – Working Remotely During COVID-19 – Your Mental Health and Well-being
- Coping with Stress
- Mental Health and Stress in the Workplace
- 5 Actions Employers Can Take to Cultivate a Mental Health-Friendly Workplace
- Mental Health – A Workforce Crisis
- World will face a mental health crisis after coronavirus pandemic, experts warn
- Mental Health in the Workplace During COVID-19: How Can Employers Help?
- Take Care Y’all – Community Engagement Fostering Mental Health & Wellness
- SAMHSA – Disaster Distress Hotline
- Louisiana Department of Health – Keep Calm Line
- Harvard Business Review – 8 Ways Managers Can Support Employees’ Mental Health
- Entrepreneurship & Mental Health
- Protecting the Mental Health of Small-to-Medium Enterprise Owners
- The Psychological Price of Entrepreneurship
- Think It Through Thursday
- Navy and Marine Corps Public Health Center Relaxation Tips
- Creating Your Own Healthy Workspace at Home
- Is Your Business Prepared for a Health Crisis?
- Pantry Prep to Feel Your BEST at Work & at Home