Are you a fierce leader who wants to make a difference? Join the #WATCHME Live Fierce movement in February and inspire others to live without limitations. The health and well-being of your employees is top of mind. Help them adopt the Live Fierce mentality and show the world how they can turn challenges into opportunities in 2021. It is time to take back our lives.
What are some #WATCHME ideas for you and your teams?
- Focus on mental health and encourage a no-meeting day to allow employees to recharge.
- Allow a longer lunch break with a designated time for employees to walk or exercise for physical health or meditate or do yoga for their mental health.
- Encourage employees to spread awareness about women’s health.
- Go Red for Women by wearing your red, have your building go red, hold a Zoom best-dressed contest on National Wear Red Day, Friday, February 5.
- Participate in the 2021 New Orleans Go Red for Women Digital Experience on Friday, March 5.
- Encourage a virtual potluck staff meeting with healthy recipes and show the participants using #WATCHME Eat Healthy.
- Challenge others to live healthy with you, like adding steps to their daily goals and staying more active every week in February and beyond.
Make a splash on Social Media:
- Post a quick video to social media showing how you can take action and use hashtag #WATCHME.
- Send your video to Mary.Fein@heart.org. Be sure to give permission for use in our created materials.
If you are interested in learning more to contact the local AHA at AHANewOrleans@heart.org or to visit www.heart.org/neworleans.
About the Greater New Orleans American Heart Association: The Greater New Orleans American Heart Association fosters collective action through our local programs and partnerships that aim to improve quality of life, increase opportunity, and ensure care for all our neighbors. Every member of our community should be able to achieve well-being supported by the places they live, learn, work, play, pray, and heal. Connect with us locally at Heart.org/nola or on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.